I created this oil free mayo recipe as an easy replacement for oil-laden mayonnaise in any recipe. This is lower in fat and contains no oils, plus it sneaks in some vegetables, making it more nutritional and lower in calorie density. If you want a recipe that is even lower in fat, check out my Cauliflower-White Bean Mayo Recipe.
Oil Free Cauliflower and Cashew Mayo
An oil free, plant-based mayonnaise perfect for using in all kinds of recipes.
- 1 cup steamed cauliflower
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 2 tsp white vinegar add more if you like it tangy
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp black salt a.k.a. kala namak
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt according to your taste preferences
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until silky smooth.
- It lasts about 4 days in the refrigerator. Enjoy as a spread or in any recipe that calls for mayonnaise.
The final amount will depend on if you cut the cauliflower smaller vs larger.
Leave a Reply