Cuban Inspired Potato Salad with Tofu
A Cuban-inspired potato salad with tofu. Vegan, oil-free, healthy.
- 1/4 block super firm tofu*
- 1/4 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vegan chicken bouillon
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black salt
- 2 pounds potatoes, diced*
- 1 recipe tofu eggs
- 1 recipe vegan cauliflower mayo* recipe linked below. (or 3/4 cup of your favorite vegan mayo)
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup roasted red bell pepper, diced*
- 1/4 cup carrot, shredded*
- 2 tablespoons red onions, diced*
- 2 tablespoons spanish olives, diced*
- 2 tablespoons green onions*
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Dice super firm tofu into small cubes.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Marinade tofu for at least 30 minutes to infuse an eggy flavor. In the meantime, prepare the rest of the potato salad ingredients.
- Dice and boil your potatoes in salted water. Meanwhile, prep the roasted red bell pepper, carrots, red onion, green onions, and garlic.
- Once the potatoes are cool, start by mixing the wet ingredients and the seasonings.
- Once incorporated, add the rest of the ingredients: the potatoes, vegetables, and tofu eggs. Mix until well combined.
- Chill for an hour or serve right away and enjoy.
- I don't recommend using any other type of tofu, except super firm tofu as it won't hold up in this recipe
- You can use any potatoes you like but waxy varieties are best. I like to use red potatoes.
- You can use any mayo you like but I recommend using my oil-free, vegan cauliflower mayonnaise.
- You can increase the amounts of any and all vegetables according to your preference.